Pages



Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I'M IN LOVE I'M IN LOVE AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!

First of all, MOVIE TRIVIA!

Second, I am. And I don't :) I want everybody in on it!!! This post is about to get LENGTHY people. Consider yourselves warned.

Want to hear an adorable story about how I got ENGAGED over Thanksgiving?? READ ON.

Once upon a time, a young man named Shaun Reed decided to ask his sweet (extremely good looking) girlfriend to accompany him to Montana to meet his family for Thanksgiving. She was excited aaaand a little bit nervous about the snow situation...buuuut, ultimately willing to brave the snowy weather for a little R&R with her man. They'd been dating since summer and figured it was about time to get cozy with some extended fam.

Had they talked about getting engaged? Yes. BUT he was in school (and, as most of us know, being a full time student doesn't exactly lend itself to tons of time/money for ring searching/buying/etc...). So she was expecting a proposal would come to fruition ~ January or February-ish.

Shaun's 30th birthday was on the Saturday after Thanksgiving - BUT his grandma forgot and came in with a birthday card on Friday morning that had a cute little poem about him as a little kid -AND- a clue for a scavenger hunt to find his birthday present!

OK ENOUGH OF THE WEIRD TENSE/THIRD PERSON NONSENSE.

I LOVE scavenger hunts (especially when they end with presents!) so I pulled on my boots & coat and went dashing out into the misty Montana morning (aka FREEZING) after Shaun. We went to the garage first (clue #2), which directed us down to the playground (yes - they have a playground [cute!] - clue #3), which lead us to the dock/fishing rock (their house is right on Flathead Lake [amazingly beautiful] - clue #4), which landed us *finally* in the playhouse (complete with electricity and folding bunk beds - also directly on the lake - beaaauuuutiful).

There, on the playhouse table, was a big box wrapped in birthday paper. He'd been asking me the entire time what his gift was, and accusing me of being behind the whole thing! I told him I had NO idea and that I WISHED someone would've clued me in because it was such a great idea and I would've LOVED to have been a part of it. He opened the box and found another box - also wrapped.

He unwrapped it. Another wrapped box was inside. Then another. He was getting REALLY excited and kept saying - 'It's car keys! I just know it! They bought me a car!!' - which made me super excited for him! The smallest box was in his hands, and was just big enough to carry a set of car keys...

...or, a small jewelry box.

When I saw the shiny wood box inside the final gift wrapped box, I thought to myself, "Oooh...sad...he REALLY wanted car keys, and they bought him cuff links instead!!!" (haha, wow, Calee). He looked at it...then looked at me...and turned the box toward me.

"Open it! Open it!" I said. As he did, he got down on one knee. I thought I was going to pass out. What the heck?!?! How the?! What the?!?! THAT is NOT a CUFF LINK!!

He choked up a little bit as he asked me to marry him. I couldn't believe it!! What a sneaky, wonderful, perfect surprise!!! I'm looking at my beautiful engagement ring RIGHT NOW as I type this post!! I love it. And I love him. And we're getting married!!

Here are some pictures from the day after he asked...

I have no idea why the I is blue...BUT this is where he knelt in the playhouse and asked :) Tender.

This is my ring :) He picked it out himself! And I l.o.v.e. it.

This is the diving board on his grandparent's dock - the water was so clear and pretty! And it was freakishly cold outside. This is my sweet, thoughtful Shaun.

(p.s. check the hair length! woot! what did I tell you, people?!)
Photo credits to Joe Johnson. Good eye, my friend.

I absolutely love this shot. Isn't it sweet? Haha we are really ridiculous.
Not sure if you gleaned this from the rest of the post, but I am so so happy and in love with Shaun Robert Reed. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case you missed it.

p.s. are you still wondering if I purposely made a specific typo earlier? hahahahaha

14 comments :

aShLeY mOrGaN said...

MOVIE TRIVIA- Its from ELF (greatest christmas movie ever)

BUT anyways...CONGRATS girl! This is so exciting. CANT WAIT.

aShLeY mOrGaN said...

TYPO...being Shauns birthday age! Haha. I like it! :-)

Tisha said...

Congrats calee!! :)

Lyrax said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Francesca said...

Such a cute and creative proposal! Looks like you got a great guy!

Nikki Nielsen said...

yay!! i love that story! i just read it twice because it made my heart happy.

congratulations!

Melody said...

Congratulations! I am SO happy for you! You guys are such a CUTE couple! :)

brittany+scott said...

Cutest propostal story ever! I'm so excited for you. Such happiness! Oh and I think I walked past Shaun the other day on campus. I've have only seen his picture so it was hard to tell...but I'm pretty sure it was him walking into the library. haha!CONGRATS again! :]

Nikki (Have Joy) said...

30th birthday? Riiiiiight. :)

Nikki (Have Joy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanner and Alana said...

That is sooo cute!!! Tanner and I are very excited for you guys! I was so confused when you said he was 30 I seriously had to stop reading and think "no wait I thought he was like two years older than me" blond I know but n who congratulations thats exciting!!

design gal said...

blog stalker here...

just had to say congratulations!!!

Ashley said...

Awww, so cute! I think you guys are the cutest couple ever! Congratulations!!!

Kjerstin said...

Calee! I just randomly checked your blog and so glad because this is the cutest proposal! I loved reading it! I'm so happy for you and hey, I better get an invite! Congrats!

Blog Design by Get Polished