Pages



Saturday, December 12, 2009

This week

I had an unfortunate event happen with a coworker. I'm not angry with her, nor angry at my boss. But sadly, some personal boundaries of mine were crossed and I will not subject myself to further abuse by continuing to work with her.


We had a mediation yesterday, where my boss sat down with the two of us and tried to work things out. It's sad to see a fully-grown woman maintain such nastiness and stubbornness that she can't even participate in an exercise to find a solution without resorting to name-calling and finger-pointing. My boss was trying to be neutral beforehand, but the blatant bad behavior and mistreatment that happened in front of her own eyes changed that. She was in total shock at the way things happened, especially right in front of her. She could only imagine how it was the day she was gone. She gave me a hug, apologized for nasty lady's behavior, and told me to go home so I didn't have to deal with it anymore.


I feel very sad that it all had to happen at all, and bewildered thinking of what I possibly could have done to avoid such a run-in. 


It's not really part of my nature to just say someone is a nasty person and leave it at that. I don't think she is a nasty person. But she has a very nasty way of handling stress and of treating people. 


Since we planned on this position being temporary at the start of it, I volunteered to be the one to leave so we didn't have to leave this poor woman job-less right before Christmas. Do I still think it would be best for the practice to no longer have her as an employee? Yes, I do. But that's the doctor's decision and I'll be interested to see what they end up doing.

Either way, I will no longer be working there.


Sad week, right? I know. Very draining. I think I will just sleep this whole weekend. And play the piano. I would say a manicure/pedicure/massage... but I'm currently out of a job. So that isn't exactly in my budget. 



-Kristina

2 comments :

Lyrax said...

Awww! That sounds terrible!

Francesca said...

Wow, I'm sorry! Hope you find another job, with zero nasty coworkers.

Blog Design by Get Polished