Pages



Monday, June 8, 2009

Food for Thought

Anyone who watches Seinfeld knows that Jerry is famous for breaking up with girls for the stupidest reasons. (Hi all boys in Provo over the age of 26! Ha ha. Just Kidding. Okay, not really kidding.)

Anyway, one of my favorite reasons is when he dumps his girlfriend because she eats her peas one and a time. He's so upset and says to George "I've seen her eat corn niblets... she scooped them! That's whats so vexing." (Ha ha! Oh Jerry.) That one habit just drives him up the wall and he can't take it.

We've all been in situations where someone's odd eating habits bother us, offend us, gross us out, whatever. But I would like to dedicate this post to people who's eating habits actually enhance my eating experience - Ashley Archibald and my co-blogger, Calee.

If any of you have had the blessing of eating with Ash, you know exactly what I'm talking about right now. Every meal she has, whether it's a plate full of Happy Sumo sushi or a nasty old Balance Bar, she acts like its the best thing that's ever happened to her. She closes her eyes and "mmm"s and "ahhh"s over every bite. It's like she's never had food before.

Ash has gone to her fair share of nice restaurants, but some of her favorite things to eat are plain old popcorn, california rolls, balance bars, 7-layer dip, sherbet ice cream with chocolate sprinkles, and especially chocolate chips straight from the bag. She has this crazy way of COMPLETELY enjoying every bite, and it makes everyone around her just a little more appreciative of the meal. It's awesome.

Calee's special habit is actually what inspired this post. I was taking her to the airport this morning and I made us some peanut butter toast for the drive down. (Props to ash and andrew for leaving the super chunk PB. I never buy any and Calee loves the stuff.)

I stopped at a stoplight and there was a little lull in conversation. Calee was sitting in the passenger seat, happily munching away on her chunky peanut butter toast. It was possibly the noisiest chewing I've ever heard. But not in a ew-thats-gross way, more in a wow, she's really enjoying that way.

Her little happy crunch gave me a little happy feeling. And now that I think of it, Calee is really loud when she's eating anything. She's just a very non-offensive, noisy eater.


So chew on, noisy eaters of the world. I wouldn't break up with you for it. (Just don't date Jerry.)

3 comments :

Arica said...

Haha.. oh Seinfeld. Your friend Ash reminds me of Bob, of the film What About Bob?. Also, I don't know Jenni, she happens to follow my tweets and reads my blog. She's just a fan I guess, but she seems sweet!

Tisha said...

Thanks Kristina! :) Hope you are doing well and I love reading your's and Calee's blog. You two are awesome.

Unknown said...

Yes! What About Bob! That is exactly what I was thinking when I read about Ashley. He mmm's and ahhh's and at one point rolls his eyes like he's died and gone to heaven. Hey Arica "Is this hand shucked?"

Blog Design by Get Polished