Pages



Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Owesome Mom

Ha ha. I tried for like ten minutes to come up with an "O" word that fits my mom, but I could only come up with silly ones. Obnoxious, Over-the-top, Outrageous... Owesome is about as good as I'm going to get. Since this is a birthday post so I'm being nice. :)

I love my mom! When I think about her, I tear up a little bit. She's gone through the hardest time the last two years, but she is such a fighter.

Growing up, I was never the girl that always fought with her mom. We've always gotten along really well, and some of my favorite memories are with her dorky self. (One of the best was when she took me to New York after we found out about my scholarship. We went shopping, stayed downtown in a crazy little hotel, and saw shows every single day. It was so awesome.)

You'd think I wouldn't have to give her a birthday present since I gave her the BEST birthday present EVER 22 years ago (ME), but I'm just that nice, so I will. :)
Here are reasons I love my mom:

- She is kind of like a mullet: rather than business on top/party on bottom, she is business on the outside/party on the inside. If you don't know her very well, you just see a put-together, professional lady. Once you get to know her, you see the crazy, funny, likes-to-annoy-you-for-the-heck-of-it party animal. It's awesome.

- Everytime she calls my phone she starts with "Rae rae, shmae shmae?" And it makes me happy.

- She always knows what to do. No matter the situation or problem, she either knows the answer or knows who to call to get the answer. I always call my mom first whenever I have any kind of issue or need help and she always comes through.

- She is so good at everything she does. She's a flipping amazing cook (and has inspired me to be a good-cooking-mom, too), she always has a clean house, and she is awesome at all of her callings and especially her jobs. You should see her with the kids at Children's Chorus - they absolutely adore her. She's so good with kids.

- Nikki wrote a post about my dad for his birthday, and his own vocabulary he has. Well dear old mom has the same thing, which we all tease her about but all say, too. Since we're all turning into her. Examples, you ask?

*Burrzy-Wurrzy: It's cold.
*Freaky-weird: That's crazy!
*Shooty-darn-darn: Dang it.
*Mmm. Mm hmm. That's... that's yum.: I like this food.
*Yipee Hoo!: I am excited.
*Will you get the uh.... it's on the ah.... over by the....: Please read my mind and get that thing for me.
*If you couldn't breathe like me... : Don't judge me for picking my nose.

- She screams when she sneezes. I don't know why I love this about her, but I do.

- She always stocks up on awesome food for me when I come home, and makes me texas sheet cake.

- She has a really close relationship with Jesus Christ. She's not super super open about it, but when she does open up you can feel her deep love for the Gospel and her dedication to doing what's right. She's always been a goody-too-shoes, but taught me that that isn't such a bad thing. And she made me want to be that way, too.

There are a lot more, but I'll leave that for a different time.

Love you mom! Happy Birthday!

6 comments :

Katie said...

That's so sweet. I love your momma too. Happy Birthday, Sis. Schroeder!

debbie said...

Happy Birthday to my oldest friend~ I REALLY wish she would call me so we could catch up! Maybe you could pass this message on to her for me! Love you all! (Aunt) Debbie from Idaho

Francesca said...

Awww, how sweet! I love how goofy your mom is. That's how I always remember her.

Jenni said...

that is so sweet! you are so lucky to have such a special relationship with your mom!

Grandma S. said...

Hi dear Kristina. I tried to send you an e-mail Happy Birthday but I guess I don't have your right address as it failed. Anyway, Happy Day!! We love you!!!

mom said...

Oh wow, I commented on Calee's comments and didn't see this one until now! I didn't realize I said all those things. And I'm an inside out mullet? That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me. Really Rae, thank you for such nice words, you have my heart rae rae schmae schmae. So glad you're coming home for a few days. See you tomorrow.

Blog Design by Get Polished