Pages



Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Happ's

My life has been very surreal lately. That's the only word I can come up with for it.

(Interjection: I'm listening to my new favorite band and most recent iTunes purchase, The Script from jolly old England. You should check them out. Thanks Jethro.)

I quit my job at BYU - which I loved, by the way. The people were incredible and it was really such a sweet job. Press box and Tucanos at football games, courtside seats at basketball games, constantly writing about cool things going on in the department, A-lot sticker (haha)... seriously it was a good job. The monetary benefits weren't quite as great, but everything else was awesome.

It got to a point where I just needed a change in a big way, and thanks to a good family-friend I found a job at Complete Restoration, a restoration company in Orem. I'm helping my new best friend, Jerry Pennock, with a few of his businesses he is trying to get going, working with biz development, marketing, sales - okay basically everything that has to do with a start-up. It has been an incredible experience so far and I am so excited to be learning about how new businesses start and survive.

My roommate, Ashley is planning her wedding right now, and honestly Steph isn't that far behind her! Kristen and Ri will be off on their crazy adventures fairly soon, so I'm at the point where I'm really trying to figure out what I'm doing next.

Want to know the nice thing? I can do whatever the heck I want. I'm thinking a lot about business school, work, possibly serving a mission... it's awesome. My mind has been going 100 miles an hour lately with everything, but I love it. Sometimes I have to take a break from it all when I start to feel too overwhelmed or inadequate - but I'm excited to really work out where I'm going next. What life holds for me around the corner.

For now, I'm trying to stay focused on the GMAT. A week from today? Planning begins, real decisions will start to be made. Thoughts?

P.s. Boog is in Utah and I am excited about that. Shout out.

3 comments :

Katie said...

You would make such an amazing missionary! But only if that is where you are supposed to be- I can't believe some gorg guy hasn't scooped you up yet.

brookebaby said...

holler.

Unknown said...

That video made my date I mean day! Kristina you are at a crazy wonderful turning point in your life right now and you are doing exactly what you should... thinking about all your options. The world is yours for the taking. Where do you want to go? Good luck!

Blog Design by Get Polished