Pages



Saturday, January 3, 2009

International Relations

I am not sure how to say all of this, but it would be silly of me to not blog about this last week. It's too good of a story.

In April my awesome boss, Noelle, told me at work that she wanted to set me up with a dishy british doctor. We had a funny conversation about it, and how cool he is, but how it wasn't really possible with the whole me having a serious boyfriend thing.

The subject was readdressed upon my new single-standing. I emailed this random guy back and forth a few times before I realized that he actually lives IN the UK. I thought he was just from England but living here! I felt really stupid. I also thought it was kind of funny, though, and he wrote entertaining emails. What the heck? I kept emailing him.

We took a little break for a month or so - but after things were really over with Jan, we started writing quite a bit more. I got over my anxiety and downloaded Skype, (which was so terrifying to me for some reason - talking online to some random stranger across the ocean?) and as soon as I heard his voice and we actually talked, I was hooked.

We talked just about everyday until I was honestly considering having him come out here. I mean, why not? I'm spending all of this time on a stranger - what's the point if I never even meet him?

He told me no about ten times.


...



I wore him down, though.



Haha! Seriously. Meet Jet. It was so out of nowhere, but really fun.



To be continued? We'll see. Stay tuned.


P.s. This is really random and has nothing to do with Jet, but I was just on facebook with Calee and we saw this ad for a cute baby contest:


I'm sorry, seriously? Finding a picture for a cute baby ad is possibly one of the easiest things ever. Babies = Cute. This baby = terrifying. Why, people? Why? I'm going to have nightmares.

3 comments :

noelle said...

i'm so glad you guys had fun together. there is something about those self-depricating british boys that makes them so charming. also, i would like to point out that when i initially talked to you about putting you in touch with him i was under the impression you were no longer in a relationship :).

Jana said...

haha, that's so funny slash so cute!

Arica said...

the image is definitely disturbing, and as un-cute as it can possibly be. and good luck with the brit, kristina. i'm rooting for you (which means, basically i want whatever it is you decide you want).

Blog Design by Get Polished