Pages



Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I took my acrylic nails off a few weeks ago to give my nails a break - it's been about a year since I last took them off. Aaaand my nails are TORN UP, lemme tell ya. Goodness gracious they're like thin little pastry papers just waiting to catch and snag whatever I'm wearing/as I'm fixing my hair/my chair upholstery at work/etc...it's lovely. <--that's sarcasm. P.S. Jimmy at Professionail off Nordahl in San Marcos is the BEST NAIL GUY EVER. Seriously. Just ask Amber. He'll do a full set that won't chip, crack, or lift AT ALL for at least six weeks. I went almost 10 weeks once. He's amazing. And totally funny. And gentle. He always makes fake crying faces when he takes my nails off to do a fresh set (like every 4th visit or so, yeah?) and calls me a baby. Haha. He's awesome. I miss him :(

Anyways - totally not the point of this post.

I am thankful for the following items today:
1. My job.
2. My sweet Tucker puppy who was curled up in mourning on Dad's pillow this morning when I woke up. He left on a business trip this morning, and seeing Tucker's little black body snuggled up to a shirt on Dad's pillow made me all warm and fuzzy and sad at the same time. BFF's.
3. The flashlight/headlamp gift from my maintenance tech this week. Haha he's so funny sometimes. And he makes BOMB pulled pork sandwiches, and always shares. Oo B Dog.
4. WhiskeyMilitia.com. Nuff said.
5. Amber: You're my best friend (other than Shaun), did you know that? And I'm not just saying that, either. You're the best. I don't know what I'd be doing with myself if you weren't texting, calling, and hanging out with me all the time. Thanks for always reminding me to stay positive, and that even crazy, impossible things are possible.
6. My silly mom who always says the weirdest, most awesome things.
7. Shaun.

Blog Design by Get Polished