Pages



Friday, August 28, 2009

Not Yet

Update: I just got a letter from my darling friend Sister Kristen Staib, who is currently in the MTC (Missionary Training Center). To read her weekly updates, click on her link on my blogroll. Her parents update it weekly w/ her new letters.

This paragraph touched me especially:
"I was reading in Ezekiel the other day and this scripture made me think of you... it's Ez 36:26-28."

(Here it is: 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
28 And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.)

"I absolutely love it. I thought of it as though Heavenly Father really can take your broken heart and give you a new one. He can heal our hearts, I know it. I feel like I've heard that scripture before like in marriage prep or something, but I knew I just had to share it with you. Hang in there. I know things will work out."

Isn't she awesome? I miss her already and there's still so long to go! She is getting ready to head out to Mongolia in a few weeks to serve her full-time mission for the LDS Church. I love her to death.

Here is my original post:

Doctrine & Covenants 58:2-4

2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
4 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.

Not yet, Kristina. Not yet.

4 comments :

Francesca said...

Several years ago I read this in the Ensign and it encouraged me:

"The deep hurt is the mirror image of the deep joy that still awaits you." --Elder Bruce C. Hafen

xoxo

julie said...

Have you thought of a mission?

Kristina said...

Thanks Cheski! That is similar to a thought that Elder Wirthlin expressed in Come What May and Love It. It's really comforting. Elder Hafen is awesome, isn't he? I got to meet him at his niece/my roomie's wedding in May. It was sweet.

Julie - the thought has definitely crossed my mind. Maybe sometime in the future I'll consider it a little more seriously. I just want to make sure I'm emotionally detached from my current situation enough to make the best choice. I want to go because I should, not because i'm 22 and single. Hopefully one day!

Stephanie said...

Kristen is so wonderful...I miss you both :( Hang in there sweetie, I love you!

Blog Design by Get Polished